We’ve got loads of resources to help you successfully complete your projects. Whether you’re a new crocheter or a lifelong loom knitter these tutorials, charts and tips will help you perfect your craft.
- How to Make a Gauge Swatch
- A gauge swatch is a small sample you work before you begin a large project. Using this swatch helps you confirm that the yarn, needles/loom/hook and stitch pattern work well together. You can also confirm that your finished project will be the correct size or make adjustments.
- Prevent Knits from Curling
- Curling, or rolling, at the edges of knit fabric is a common problem. Learn how to prevent it and fix a curled edge after your project is done.
- How to Wet Block
- Blocking sets the stitches in your knit or crochet project and let’s you set it to an exact size. Learn the process of wet blocking in this video tutorial.
- Duplicate Stitch Charts
- Learn how to work the duplicate stitch to embellish your knits after they are finished.
- Donating Knit & Crochet Items to Charity
- There is a need for knit and crochet hats, blankets, scarves and more. Get tips for making projects for donation.
- Craft Show Tips
- Get my best tips for selling your handmade items at craft shows.
Loom Knitting Resources
- Loom Knit Abbreviations
- Common abbreviations used in loom knit patterns
- Beginner Loom Knitting Playlist
- Playlist I created to step you through how to loom knit. Includes beginning skills, stitch patterns and more.
- Loom Knit Techniques & Tips
- Everything you want to learn about loom knitting but didn’t know to ask! This covers all the basics including how to weave in ends, change colors and make a slip stitched edge.
- Loom Gauge Charts, Notes & Looms
- Learn about loom gauge and how it affects your project. Includes list of looms with gauges and peg counts.
- Converting Knitting Patterns to Loom
- Learn how to take a needle knit pattern and convert the instructions to use on a knitting loom. Includes details on how to choose the right loom for your project.
- How to Loom Knit a Hat for Beginners
- Essential tutorial to help you make a loom knit hat including brim and crown choices.
- Crochet Abbreviations
- Common abbreviations used in crochet patterns
- Turning Chain Chart
- Handy chart showing how many turning chains you need to match each crochet stitch
- US vs. UK Crochet Terms
- Compare U.S. crochet terminology to it’s U.K. equivalent